Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Antique Buffet in Creamy Vanilla

This is one the only projects I have been able to do for my booth in a while. I loved the shape of this 1920's buffet. To keep the focus on the lovely shape and detail I wanted to use a light neutral color. Here is my before picture~
The buffet had amazing original hardware, I was so sad 1 piece was missing. I sanded the piece down, primed and painted with Valspar Churchill Hotel Vanilla. I lightly distressed and added new hardware from Hobby Lobby ( love that place). Oh yes and the interior, my favorite part~
The interior is painted Lagoon by Martha Stewart. The drawers were lined with a fun paisley fabric.











11 comments:

Katie said...

So beautiful! The inside is as pretty as the outside, and love that hardware!

Sue@Uniquely Chic said...

Always love your stuff! You have a way w/ drawers you know.

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

beautiful as always! you are so good with those details.. it's gorgeous!
and i think i finally have a buffet for my dining room that my friend was picking up for me today- she is pretty awesome, huh?

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

Chrissie I love this! Do you have any tips on lining drawers?

Terry said...

So well done and looks great!

Meg and Mum's said...

Where on earth do you find these beautiful pieces! The inside of the drawers literally made me go "aaah". Feel free to share at my Saturday Splendour Party which is still open!
Megs :)

janice15 said...

So very nice...love the turquoise on the inside and side boards....

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

It's just beautiful! Oh, yes, the inside is stunning!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

I just love to scroll down your posts and see what surprise awaits inside! Just beautiful! A wonderful compliment of vintage and modern!

Carisa said...

How lovely! I love how it turned out!

Meghann said...

I love this buffet! So pretty.

Labels