Monday, January 2, 2012

Antique Dresser Makeover

 I recently completed this cute antique dresser to be used as a changing table in a baby nursery. This piece was a true antique, dating to the late 1800's. I wasn't the first to put paint on it and she certainly needed some freshening up!. Here is the before pic~

So much better after! I used stripper to remove the old paint, then I sanded it smooth. I primed the piece and painted with Ben Moore Shady Lane and finished up with a coat of poly for protection.



 distressing along the edges







POWW at Primitive and Proper
Domestically Speaking 108th Power of Paint Party

9 comments:

Terry said...

A color that I find easy to live with. Great job.

Katie said...

I love it Chrissie!! This will be perfect for a nursery!!

Meg and Mum's said...

What a gorgeous looking piece! I really like the colour. I haven't attempting stripping paint yet - I'm scared I'll end up getting too frustrated and throw it across the street. I'd love it if you'd share this (and any of your other fabulous projects of 2011) at my Saturday Splendour Party - Greatest Hits http://www.megandmums.com/2012/01/saturday-splendour-no-5-greatest-hits.html
Happy New Year Chrissie! :)

Katie @ Wildwood Creek said...

Beautifully done and perfect amount of distressing!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Little cottage dressers are my favorites and this one is a beauty!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

i love that! i agree with katie- the perfect amount of distressing! and the color is awesome and fun and has me wanting SPRING.

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

This is stunning. I totally love the color. Very organic yet really fun. Well done!

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Forgot to tell you...I'm a new follower. :o)

jabroon piece said...

oak wardrobe
Antique dresser are practical furnishings and consider these ideas regarding how a bureau can boost your storage space in unusual ways.

Labels