Sunday, January 8, 2012

Chippy Banquet Table and a Carved Chair

I picked up this unique table a couple months back at an antique auction. This was the only piece to what would have been  a set of tables that  fit together in pieces to form different size banqueting  tables. I loved that it had a drop leaf on one side and was open on the other, I guess it was an end piece. So versatile! It could be a desk or an impromptu dining table. Not to mention, how perfect behind a sofa, in a foyer...... Here is the before pic
And the before of the chair~
I have been in the mood to do a really chippy distressed look. This table was the perfect style for the look I had in mind. After sanding and priming, I painted with Innocence by Behr, distressed heavily and glazed with Ralph Lauren "Tobacco". For the chair I used some leftover paint I had color matched to a clients fabric.









 this pic shows where the next table would have fit in, so cool!












Meg and Mums Saturday Splendor Party
Mod Vintage Life Mod Mix Monday
Show and Tell at Blue Cricket Design
Elizabeth and Co ~ Be Inspired
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed

19 comments:

Katie @ Wildwood Creek said...

Lovely table, and the color on that chair is one of favorites. Beautiful!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

oh i LOVE the color on that chair- so moody and awesome!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

What a cool table! I have never seen one quite like it. And I love the color of the chair.

Jane, Naples, Florida said...

Fabulous! Amazing job!

Jane
Flora Doora

Lisa ~Suburban Retreat~ said...

Happy New Year! I absolutely love how you've paired up these pieces. Both are stunning in their own right but go so well together for that 'not' matched look.

Terry said...

I am in love! The table is so fabulous but that chair. It makes my heart beat faster and the sweet ladylike glamour of it is just...ahhhhh!

Allison@FabRehab said...

Gorgeous!! That chair is a fabulous color too!

The Hopeless Romantic said...

great work, i especially love the chair! Ive been looking for the perfect shade of teal to do a few pieces in..........visiting from Mod Mix Monday. Check out my dining room nook if u get a chance...............Bonnie

Cindy said...

Beautiful! I love the treatment and the paint colors. What a splendid table you have now!
Hugs, Cindy

The Painted Parlor said...

love that blue on that chair!! the whole thing is just fabulous :)

thistlewoodfarm said...

Perfection! 'nuff said!

Q @ JAQS said...

So gorgeous - every detail is just perfect.

-Q

Q @ JAQS said...

If you get a chance, love for you to share this at my Link Party: http://www.jaqsstudio.com/2012/01/made-by-me-13-linky-party-and-features.html

-Q

Lively Grace said...

What a find ...and what a great re-do you did!

uniquelyyoursormine said...

Love both of those pieces! The table is very cool, score! - Susan

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

Wow! These 2 pieces are awesome! I love the distressing on both pieces and the color on that chair is fantastic! A few blog friends and I introduced a new challenge idea Monday and it would be so fun if you want to join. If you have a second, check in at http://thespacebetweenblog.wordpress.com/2012/01/09/imagine-the-impossibilities-challenge/ to learn more, and feel free to email me if you have any questions!
Karah @ thespacebetweenblog = your newest follower

Marica said...

Thank would make a great sewing table! LOVE IT!

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Wow! Great job! Love the table!

Meg said...

What a great color on the chair! I love it! The chippy table is pretty awesome as well.

Labels